Born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Tarfa Fahad examines human behaviors as an individual or within a group and the connection created from complex interactions between ourselves and with others, and the feelings, memories and emotions as internal factors and external influences on behaviors and evolvements.
Experimenting and shifting between painting and photography, Fahad aims to express the complexity of human emotions that resides within each of us, to reach more deeply ourselves and find what it would look like if we could see that intangible thing called emotions. The philosophy of her work is to focus on the first impression that we get from a situation and the impact that affects us.
In 2013, she introduced an interactive installation titled “Ganglia” which marks a strong escalation in the artist’s art. “Ganglia”, 3×2.5 meters, made of plastic threads that have their own motion and movement and drawn to anyone who touched. This artwork represented how people affect each other and the relationship between actions, reactions and emotions.
Her works have been exhibited in plentiful exhibitions, including Young Female Artists at L’Art Pur Gallery (Riyadh 2014), Mostly Visible at Jeddah Art Week (Jeddah, 2013). She also was a guest speaker at Art and Design Society (Riyadh, 2012) and received awards from ASI and Swarovski Competition (2013) and L’Art Pur Foundation Photography Competition (2011).
- 2015 Love Your Heritage. L’Art Pur Gallery. Riyadh, KSA
- 2015 Anonymous was a woman, Hafez gallery. Jeddah, KSA
- 2014 Miami Art Basel week (Marcano & Mandalando art project) Spectrum. Miami. USA
- 2014 Emerging artists collective exhibition. German Embassy. Riyadh, KSA
- 2014 Young female artists. L’Art Pur Gallery. Riyadh, KSA
- 2013 Polish Embassy charity auction. Riyadh, KSA
- 2013 Mostly visible, Jeddah Art Week. Jeddah, KSA
- 2012 Artist talk guest Participant, Art and Design Society. Riyadh, KSA
- 2011 Saudi female Artists, American School
- 2011 Pop goes Riyadh, Arts and Skills Institute, Faisaliyah. KSA
- 2011 Autism charity exhibition
- 2011 Women in Art (Reflections), The National Museum. Riyadh, KSA
- 2011 L’Art Pur Foundation photography competition
- 2013 ASI and Swarovski competition